Reflections on Living Life

Living Life...Moment by Moment

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

WAR ZONE

1 John 5:4-5 "For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God."

We are in a WAR ZONE....a battle for our souls. Do you believe this? Do you believe in Satan and the demonic forces in this world? Do you believe that there is a battle for your soul? I was introduced to these thoughts months ago in a sermon series on Spiritual Warfare. I was caught off guard and quite frankly, became terrified of the demonic realm. I began to wonder about this warfare and how I was intertwined within it. Where is God when this is happening? Does He allow it to happen? Does He protect you from the attacks of Satan or does He give Satan free shots at you to see how you respond?

Revelation 12:9 says "This great dragon- the ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, the one deceiving the whole world- was thrown down to the earth with all his angels." Satan is real! Satan tries constantly to hinder God's work in this world and is constantly looking to attack believers especially those who are vulnerable, weak, or isolated from other believers. Satan tries to feed us lies, brings suffering upon us, and attempts to deceive us of God's truths. However, Satan is NOT in control....God is! Satan is under the control of God and is limited by His power!

How do we find FREEDOM from the strongholds that tear us down, from Satan who battles for our souls, from the chains that hold us captive? We are in a constant battle where half of the time we can't even see the enemy!!  How are we to win? It seems hopeless at times doesn't it? I remember hearing in the sermons back in the spring that as believers we have AUTHORITY in Christ....but deep down in my soul I had a hard time grasping that concept! "I have authority in Christ to fight off  Satan?"...I just wasn't seeing it OR believing it! This was a mind that needed some DEEP convincing!

I am currently watching a video series called Living Free- Breaking the Cycle of Defeat. It has been overwhelming at times as scripture has been given to me left and right. It has made me fearful at times as I have realized the hold that Satan has had on my life in the past and the attempts he will continue to make on my life in the future....in addition to the lives of loved ones. I have also realized that as I continue to get closer in my relationship with Christ and as I grow in my freedom, that Satan will continue to attack and with a stronger will. It is scary. It brings fear. At times it makes me want to move to the mountains of Virginia and hide in a cabin!! Hey, I haven't ruled that one out yet!! However, I am also reminded that this fear is NOT of the Lord!! Through this series, I have also been encouraged because I am learning how to recognize the demonic realm, how to fight the attacks, and how to use practical steps in becoming free from the bondage that so easily entangles me. Anyone else interested in finding this freedom?

Do you know anyone that is FREE and lives their life as if they are FREE....truly FREE? Anyone who is controlled by the Spirit and not by the world? No captivity. No bondage. No chains. No strongholds. No walls. Anyone who has spiritual oneness with the Lord? Do you know anyone who has TOTAL Freedom in Christ?  I remember this question in the beginning of this series and I thought to myself...."I don't know anyone like that, but it is what I DESIRE the most. I WANT FREEDOM IN CHRIST. WHOLENESS IN HIM...to be COMPLETE!!!  What does that take though? What sacrifice does that entail on our part? Is it even attainable? Can we have total freedom in this world? Can we be WHOLE Spiritually? Physically? Emotionally? .....if we look to scripture, Jesus says "I have come to set the captives FREE!!" He came to give us FREEDOM.....so what is our part in attaining this freedom? We must have a part in this or else everyone would be FREE! It must also be a very challenging part because as we observe those around us....we don't see many lives that exemplify this freedom in Christ. So how do we achieve this freedom that Jesus is talking about?

Here is another thought that continues to ring in my mind that was brought forth in the first video of this series..." We live in the battle! We are NOT freed from the battle...but rather freed TO the battle!" We LIVE in a battlefield! There is NO escaping it...not now, only eternally!! I don't know about you, but I am willing to be a fighting warrior....to FIGHT the battle in order to have fullness, fruitfulness, and FULL fellowship with my Father.

Stay tuned for practical ways to Fight in the Battle for your soul!!.....sorry about all the "yelling"!! I am a little pumped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment