Reflections on Living Life

Living Life...Moment by Moment

Thursday, November 24, 2011

His Everlasting Love

"Those who survive the coming destruction will find blessings even in the barren land, for I will give rest to the people of Israel"
Long ago the Lord said to Israel: "I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. I will rebuild you, my daughter Beth. You will again be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines. Again you will plant your vineyards on the mountains of Samaria and eat from your own gardens there. The day will come when watchmen will shout from the hill country of Ephraim, Come let us go up to Jerusalem to worship the Lord our God."  Jeremiah 31:1-6

As I reflect on this past year, I am drawn to this scripture in Jeremiah. The blessings are abundant and His promises ring true to my soul. Less than a year ago, I was in the barren land. A place of destruction. I couldn't find rest, peace, or joy in my life. I was in the barren land trying to survive.  But yet, I was seeking and God was drawing me towards Him with His everlasting love. With the coming destruction, He promises that we will find blessings. He promises rest. He promises to rebuild us. He promises happiness and dancing within our souls. He promises a harvest and plenty to feast upon. Above all, He promises rejoicing in Him,

It began one Sunday morning as God touched a place in my heart and encouraged me to sign up for a book study at church. The Holy Spirit began to work on my heart as I was seeking more of Him and less of me. I was being held captive and the Lord was trying to set me FREE through His word and truth!

Prayer on Fire began to work on my life. I desired nothing more than a stronger and deeper relationship with my Father. It is hard to build that relationship when you are treading water in the middle of the ocean. I was too busy trying to survive by keeping my head above the roaring waves.Legs kicking, arms waving, lungs taking deep labored breaths along the way. If I rested, I began to sink. Slowly, God gently pulled me towards Him and gave me His unfailing love and support in the troubled waters. As He heard my cries and I began swimming towards His outstretched hand, I began to experience the freedom in the still waters. 

Steps to Freedom was placed in my hands. The tools and path towards Freedom in Christ. Overwhelming at first, yet directions to guide me through the obstacles that trapped me in my captivity. Jesus came to set the captives free!! We CAN have Freedom in Christ, but it only comes to those who activate those steps and dig deep into the heart. Freedom is a choice and a commitment. It is not FREE ....it takes someone willing to battle.

Submission. Obedience. Openness. Eyes. Ears.  Awareness.  Armor.  Faith. Trust. Small Victories. Sword. Desire. Commitment. Tears. Fight. Real. Praise. Battle.Worship. Prayer. Release. Heart. Truth. Hope. Love. Wholeness. Freedom.

These words have encompassed my year. As I look at them, it reminds me of pain. It reminds me of struggle. It reminds me of frustration. But above all, it reminds me of Christ. These words bring me to Praise and Thanksgiving. Through these months, I see His grace. I see His unfailing love and commitment to me. I see His transformation in my life. I see the Potter working His clay. I see the blessings of brokenness. I see His promises being fulfilled.

We can't survive the barren land or the roaring waves without Him....that is why He says "those who survive the destruction will find blessings." We will survive when we turn and submit to Him. Thank you for drawing me to you, Lord, so that I may be rebuilt. Thank you for the small victories that helped me keep my eyes on you. Thank you for the tears that continue to bring healing. Thank you for your truth that shows me who I am in Christ. Thank you for my eyes that helped me to see your love and grace.Thank you for my ears so that I could hear your truths and discern the lies. Thank you, Lord, for your Word that protects my heart and encourages me to live a life in obedience to you. Thank you Lord for the strength to battle. Thank you for giving me a heart that desires you more than life itself.

Today, I dance. Today, I sing. Today, I worship my Lord for bringing me out of captivity and into a land of freedom. Today, I praise Him for the valleys and give thanks for the mountain tops. I can't wait to see the vineyards grow and the fruit that comes in the beauty of His transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment