Reflections on Living Life

Living Life...Moment by Moment

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

PREPARE

What comes to mind when you hear the word "PREPARE"? My first thought, "there is a challenge ahead of you and you must be ready to meet it head on !" I am not sure if many of you have the same response as I, but I would be curious to hear your first response to the word "PREPARE".

I had been anticipating a time of great teaching and learning for months as I waited for this past weekend in Columbus with Beth Moore! She is my favorite teacher, besides Christ, of course! When I first heard she was coming to Columbus, I signed up immediately! I began praying that God would use this time to fill me and help me to see more of Him. I found it very interesting that Beth Moore speaks in multiple cities throughout the year and each conference is different. She prays for a specific word from the Lord for each city, and then prepares her conference according to the Word she hears from the Lord! She is very tuned into hearing from Him and preparing for the women in each individual city. I get a huge lump in my throat when I think about how much prayer and time goes into each conference she prepares for!

So, this past weekend I entered the Columbus Arena with three wonderful women along my side and we sat down to worship the Lord on Friday night. After our time of worship, big bold letters arrived on the screen at the center stage...PREPARE! My first reaction was to bury my head and begin to cry! I did not want another CHALLENGE to face and I was not looking forward to meeting it head on! I wanted to scream out "Lord are you kidding me??!!" But deep down in my heart I knew that the Lord had something for me and that I would need to open my heart and allow Him to speak deep down into my soul!

Friday night was the beginning of a journey for me...one where I had to step aside and say "Okay Lord....teach me, your servant is listening!" Normally, I think I would of put up my hand and said "NO, I am not ready to hear of a challenge right now!". But on this night, I sat on my hands and bowed my head and allowed the tears to flow in full surrender....."Okay Lord...PREPARE me!"

First lesson..."God has a gorgeous preoccupation with preparation"...stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! A teaser!!! I can't wait to hear more!!! :) My friend from the She Speaks conference also saw Beth in Columbus. She felt like God was leading her to write a book, but she kept saying, "Who me??? No way." But I guess God sent a message right to her through Beth Moore, telling her to write that book :).

    ReplyDelete