Reflections on Living Life

Living Life...Moment by Moment

Thursday, August 25, 2011

"COME AS YOU ARE"

There are words that continue to speak to me as I think of my time at the Beth Moore Living Proof Live event. The words "come as you are" are constantly being whispered to me as I sit in quiet time with Him. I see Him with His arms wide open and eyes looking at me with sadness wondering why I struggle to sit on His lap.  I struggle with these whispers. I think to myself "Lord, you don't want me to come as I am...broken, discontent, weary, frustrated, unworthy... you deserve so much more. You deserve a child who is sinless and perfect in your eyes." I am so far from that picture. "Come as you are?" Really? He wants a child who is doubting his grace and mercy and strength? He wants a child who continues to fall off the path? He wants a child who fails daily in obedience to Him? Oh, Lord, you deserve so much more! But, in His grace and mercy He still calls us to "come....just as you are"!

In Beth's sixth statement of PREPARE she says that "God PREPARED  a body for His son as the consummate offering."  God prepared Christ's body for the sacrifice of our sins. Jesus prepared salvation for you and for me. We do not have to do anything for Him in order to be accepted. We don't have to clean up our acts or perform perfect for Him. He already knew that we would fall short of His glory! He prepared the sacrifice in advance for us....all we need to do is "come as we are" and accept the gift that He prepared for us...His son, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment