Reflections on Living Life

Living Life...Moment by Moment

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Making an Impact

Jesus poured His life into a few people. These few people were used to influence the entire world. They left an IMPACT!

Ponder that.

Jesus had one-on-one encounters with others that radically changed their lives.

Ponder that.

One on One....changed lives. Simple. Effective. Influential.

I am reading Becoming a Woman of Influence by Carol Kent. Why? Because I am a "wanna be"! God has worked in my own life and I am not suppose to keep those blessings to myself. He wants me to share His love and grace with others. People have said that God uses our circumstances and growth to help encourage and impact the lives of others. Don't let it go to waste...allow God to use you to make an impact on the lives of others!

While reading the first chapter, I was reminded of a moment down at Liberty University during an Intensive course when a professor got up and began singing a song he wrote. It made an impact on me...because he sang about our influence on children...the impact we make on their lives. Teaching doesn't just include the intellect of a child....it includes the whole child. We are given multiple opportunities to influence them, but do we grab onto each of those opportunities? Are we intentional in what we do? Why am I becoming a teacher? I am becoming a teacher because I want to IMPACT the LIFE of a child. I want them to learn, yes, but I also want to show them Christ's love. I want to make a difference in helping them to embrace all that God has for them.

What about our own lives as women? What about impacting the lives of other women? Where is our calling in that area? Women are relational people. It is the way God made us. Did He create us to be intentional too? Of course He did...SO, what do we do with the "impact moments-God appointments" in our daily lives? Do we make the most of them or do we shove them aside as inconveniences and interruptions in our daily living? How many of us are intentional in our daily living? Intentional, that is, in being like Christ. Compassionate. Loving. Encouraging. Caring. Graceful. Are we purposeful in our daily encounters with others? Do we make the most of one on one opportunities to share His love, His compassion, His grace, His truth...

Jesus had one on one encounters....if we think about his ministry, He looked for those moments and He embraced those times. I am drawn to the story of the woman at the Well in John 4. Why? I am encouraged as I think of how Jesus could of went around Samaria, as most Jews chose to do. I am encouraged that He noticed. I am encouraged that He cared enough about this one woman. I am encouraged that He opened His arms to her despite her sin.

Jesus chose to walk through Samaria because He knew he would have an opportunity to touch the life of this woman. This woman walked to the well, alone, at noon everyday to avoid meeting people who knew her reputation and who knew her sins. What was Jesus doing? Jews refused to have anything to do with Samaritans. Jesus was being intentional and was grabbing ahold of an opportunity placed before Him. He came to offer something...a gift of living water. The gift of spiritual nutrition...of fulfillment beyond what this world offers. He was offering her a life of abundance in Him...of eternal life overflowing with joy, peace, love....an opportunity to be filled with Him and to no longer thirst again.

Why is this story so important? It shows us His example of grabbing onto the opportunities that are placed in front of us.

Be INTENTIONAL.

Take those one on one opportunities, whether big or small, and make an IMPACT!

Wake up each morning...and ask your friend... "Jesus, where are we going today?"

No comments:

Post a Comment