Reflections on Living Life

Living Life...Moment by Moment

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Change Brings Transformation

Let's keep chuggin along that track....I sometimes feel like the "The Little Engine That Could"...you know, the one who keeps on keepin on! Doesn't life feel like that at times? Does the path to the mountain top ever end? I remember going to the highest peak this summer at Sharp Top Mountain in Virginia and looking out over the Valleys ...it was just BEAUTIFUL! God showed me some incredible things that day....that His light shines even in the darkest valleys, that there are more valleys than mountaintops, that abundant growth occurrs in the valleys, and it's a long track upward, but well worth the effort! The sky was beautiful that day with the strongest beam of sunlight pushing through the clouds and shining down onto God's creation. His LIGHT was so powerful that I could not take my eyes off of it...and that my friends is how our life is suppose to be. We are not to take our eyes off of Him!!! Keep your eyes on Him and amazing things happen!!

Let's continue along with the WORDS for my year in 2011! I stopped and thought about the third one for along time ....Faithful. I could probably write a book about His Faithfulness in my life this year! But let's go on to numbers 4 and 5!

4. Joy: In the depths we search for Joy. Our greatest joy comes from our Lord! Jeremiah 31:3-4 "I have loved you , my daughter Beth, with an everylasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself. I will rebuild you, my daughter! You will be happy and dance merrily with your tambourines." These verses speak volumes to my soul as I have gone from visioning a wall between God and myself to sitting on his lap enjoying His embrace and loving arms. My empty heart has been filled with dancing and songs of Praise. Through many tears and times of deep reflection God has shown me Joy beyond measure!

5. Healer: Jeremiah 30:17 is highlighted in my Bible with this "I will give you back your health and heal your wounds." I highlighted this verse on March 26th as I was seeking healing and restoration. This year has been a struggle physically, emotionally, and spiritually for me. God has taught me that as I surrender to Him that He is the ultimate healer. Seeking Him in prayer and petition and surrendering each aspect of my health has given me hope in allowing Him to be my ultimate healer!

6. Peace: Oh how I love these verses and how they have spoke to me on this journey. Philippians 4:8-9 states " and now dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me-everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you." The things we put into our minds determines our peaceful state of mind. I have had to learn thought permission and thought prevention. Through this journey of filling my mind with Truth, God has brought me a life of living beside peaceful streams.

My cup overflows with blessings from above!! God is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment